Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Reader Question: How do you manage to move on from a break up?

If you've spent a little time browsing through my blog, you'll see just how "lucky" I am in relationships. (For my new readers, I said that with all the sarcasm in the world.) Anyway, a majority of my reader questions that I'm just now getting around to are all geared towards this topic.

Moving on is hard, I get it. TRUST ME - I get it. One of my first blog posts was geared around this topic. As a matter of fact, because of how "great" I am in relationships - it's one of my reoccurring themes.

Either way, a break up is a bad thing only if YOU think it is. YOU have the power to control how this change effects you. I know it's hard. I know it hurts, but those emotions will only control you if you allow it to.

In an old post titled: I'm All Alone, but I'm Not Lonely, I wrote:
"You can't expect anyone to love you if you don't love yourself first. It's better to be alone than to be with anyone who can dim, or worse, kill your shine. Believe that the creator who has made you out of love has also created someone to love you the exact way you deserve to be loved. Realize that while you are alone you are simply being prepared for him and him for you. When the timing is right and you're both ready NOTHING will be able to separate what God has put together. Don't you think you deserve that?"

 Long story short, a break up is a time to renew your relationship with our creator. It's also a time to renew your relationship with yourself. Learn more about you and what you offer to a relationship, and learn about what qualities you're going to need from your partner. In the mean time, learn to depend on your support system. Honestly, your friends probably miss you way more than they tell you anyway.

Moral of the Story: God makes no mistakes. You can't enjoy the beautiful gems that are currently in your life if you're too busy worried about the people that aren't. Today, turn your grief into gratitude. You're the only person who should have the keys to your happiness, so take them back today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com