Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Never Apologize For Being A True Artist

I've stood on stage and recited lines that were written by someone else for a play. I've stood on stage and sang song lyrics that were also written by someone else, but last night was different.

I took words that I spilled out through my heart and poured on to a simple piece of paper with a black pen and performed them in front of other people. I stood in a room full of people and demanded their attention with my voice and not only did these people listen to me, they actually felt it.

The high that I felt after that moment was indescribable.

I was so excited that I sent a copy of it to my best friend, my mother, who is also my most honest critic. I respect her opinion because she always tells me like it is. However, her and I haven't always seen eye to eye on this journey of me following my dreams.

"You're good at that. Don't stop doing it."

If I had any desire to quit before, it flew out the window tonight just from facing my fears of reciting my work for other people. But for my mother to finally get a glimpse and understand why I NEED to be doing this and nothing else, was absolutely priceless.

Moral of the Story: You have ONE life to live. Enjoy every freaking minute because in the end the only person you could ever blame for living a life less than the one you deserve is YOURSELF!

*&& make sure to check back later for the video of the performance you missed last night and make sure you check out OrangeIsMedia.com if you live in the Orlando area for future #RespectTheMic shows. It's a great environment for other artists to express their talent and just enjoy the positive vibes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com