Wednesday, April 30, 2014

With Passion Driving You It Will Never Steer You Wrong


                It’s hard doing everything alone. Working 10 hours a day just to come home cook, clean, tend to a young diva that has a mind of her own and doesn’t mind sharing it is enough in itself. Then to add to that, I still have blog posts, chapters for my novels, guest posts, and poems to write. I have to squeeze in practicing my poetry in any little second that I have a chance, and by the time my baby is exhausted and ready to cuddle in bed with me, I’m pushing myself to stay up and work harder than I had throughout the day. It kills me every time she gets the disappointed look in her eyes as she confirms that I won’t be lying in bed with her because I have to work.

                Some days I’m so exhausted from being exhausted that I can’t even rest peacefully. And now that I know the direction I want my life to go in, I am officially a part-time student to perfect my craft. So NOW in addition to everything I already have going on, I have to write papers for class, study, work in labs, and spend time of my life focusing on science (UGH)!

                I’m tired just thinking about it all, but I know that these moments of sleepless nights are all going to pay off in the end.

                Even though my love life is dead (which is depressing for a love addict), my social life is nonexistent, and I pray every morning for an extra five minutes in my day before I force myself out of the comfort of my queen size bed, I will NOT give up until I get where I’m going. I’m determined to spend the next several years busting my ass so that my daughter and I will be able to live the life we deserve as Queens.

#WatchMeWerk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com