Monday, May 26, 2014

#ByeFelicia


               I used to read into his sayings and actions a lot deeper then I should have. If we would be arguing to the point of not speaking to each other and one of his friends reached out to me (something they rarely did), then I just KNEW he was ready to make things peaceful between us but was too prideful to do it. Or if he knew I was upset with him he would sometimes show a little more emotions than usual, and I just accepted that his pride wouldn’t allow his mouth to say what my ears needed to hear: I’m sorry, my bad, my b, my fault, or anything relatively close  to that.

                The truth is this though, we are all adults. We are no longer allowed to throw a tantrum, hurt someone, and expect things to go back to normal without making any effort to accept responsibility for when we act childish. At times his actions, whether they were intentional or not, didn’t just imply pain – they were just plain hurtful. Why should I just accept an implied apology instead of the real deal for the real pain that was actually inflicted? Aren’t I worth at least that?

You DAMN right I am!

Hell, if I can say I’m sorry then so can he. If I can put out so much of myself for someone else then the least they can do is match my effort.

So from now on apologizes that are meant to be implied simply won’t be accepted. I’ll take those actions for face value. If you can’t MAN UP and apologize for your actions then I’m just going to assume that you’re trying to imply that you’re just not man enough for me.

#ByeFelicia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com