Monday, November 02, 2015

#SetTheStandard 90 Day Challenge : Day 8

*Let's out massive sigh here* Moment of honesty, I thought this was going to be easy. I really thought I was going to start this challenge and just get my man back. Boy was I wrong. This challenge helped me expose some really negative qualities about myself - like the way I think for example. When I got to day 3 and saw just how much pain my negative thoughts brought to me physically when I forced them into subjection, is when I really realized this wasn't going to be a walk in the park.
To make matters worst, it seems like the day I chose to simply say nothing at all to anything negative that came my way would be the day that I would be hit with devastating information. (I would love to share this with you guys, but my real readers know things like this only appear in a book. That, and a part of me is still processing how I feel about it). Walking day by day without any proof that this was working really caused me to doubt not just my ability to complete this challenge, but it caused me to question if what I was asking God for was too much or something. That thought is what brought us to our challenge today
 
DAY 8


"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." (James 2:14-17)
Long story short, faith without works is dead. You can't pray for one thing, work for something else, then get mad at God because you didn't get what you asked for. Since God only takes us as serious as we take ourselves, we need to get serious about the things we want.
Like a majority of women in this modern day dating world, I HAD a couple of spare tires in case the one I was riding with happened to go bad. While I didn't entertain them to the extent of dating or anything sexual, the emotional comfort I got from their presence was enough for me. It was also enough for him  to question how serious I was about us.
Looking back on it, it was incredibly unfair of me to get mad over the women that drooled over how attractive he was when I knew men who would jump at an opportunity to be with me were lingering close by. I had to cut them off, and I did.
Today, I challenge you ladies to do the same. That ex that you occasionally send funny snaps to - cut it off. That man who you've been kinda flirting with through Instagram - yeah get rid of him too. Anything that you don't want your future partner doing, - stop doing it now. Focus on the Lord. When you find yourself bored and need someone to talk to - talk to the Lord. If you need to be in the presence of a man - get in His presence.
When you're getting ready to have someone in your home do you clean up when they get there or before? If you, like me, don't want people finding your home untidy, then don't do that to your man. Clean up your heart and personal space and leave it open for the man God has for you. Don't be that woman trying to clean up your mess when the one you want to occupy your heart shows up. Clear the jokers out so you can be ready for your king.
 
You got this ladies!
Tell them to kick rocks and anyone who doesn't like it just has to #ChargeItToTheGame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com