Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas - From The Grinch

We are two days away from the happiest day of the entire year,  and I am NOT in the holiday spirit AT ALL!  For goodness sakes I didn't even bake my holiday cookies, cupcakes or put up my Christmas tree and those are mandatory traditions in my household. For the first time in my entire life, I am just happy that this time is almost over instead of embracing 'the most wonderful time of the year'.

Even though my family hardly ever got along, it was tradition that the foolishness subsided at least for the month of December. Every year there would be a house full of family, good food, bright lights, and the same holiday tunes that no one seemed to get tired of even though we heard them year after year, and I enjoyed every freaking moment of it. I loved it so much that even when I moved into my own home I kept some of the same traditions while adding a couple of my own.

This year, however, my mom has moved for work, my baby brother is away at college, my other siblings have started their own families with their own traditions, and my daughter will be with her father. So I find it hard to know I'll either be an extra wheel to someone else's celebration or spending a day that should be filled with close friends and family alone.

Moral of the Story: DON'T forget the reason for the season. It's nice to have a tree with tons of gifts and presents underneath, but nothing is better than having those you love and those who love you back around to build memories and traditions with. Life is short, so make sure those you love know it and you show it also. I may be miserable this year, but I sincerely wish each and every one of you has the very best Christmas ever!!

xoxo♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com