Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spoken Word Poetry Contest

Are you a spoken word poet?
Do you want to win some free money, be featured on the blog, and a chance to be in my next poetry book? 
THEN READ ON!


Thanks to the response I got from my post on Monday, I decided to start a new contest to keep these amazing discussions going. 

Being an artist myself, I HATE being limited on time and what topics I can discuss, so we are going to do things a little different with this challenge. While there is no specific time limit or topic, your poem MUST include the following terms: 
  • Mike Brown (or Michael Brown)
  • Unity
  • Seed
  • Book 
Once you've recorded your video and uploaded it to YouTube:  
  1. -Send a link with your submission HERE.
  2. -Follow @KeaidyB_ on instagram 
  3. -Upload a snippet on your instagram with the hashtag #MyVoiceIsMyWeapon and tag @keaidyb_ to your snippet also!
The last day to submit your video is October 1st, 2014!  

After that, the most creative and entertaining videos will be posted for your peers to select a winner!

The winner will receive:

  • -A post and interview to be featured on a blog post here on the blog you all love to read!
  • -The opportunity to write the forward (and a piece) for my next poetry book (being released first quarter of 2015) 
  • -A $50 Visa Gift Card
***Also, more gifts are soon to follow as a few of my fellow black business owners are eager to support this cause to keep everyone talking about this serious issue in our community. If you are interested in being a sponsor - contact me and put the word "SPONSOR" in the subject line. 

I can't wait to see all of the submissions, and GOOD LUCK!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com