Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Life: Slow down & Enjoy the Ride


It’s crazy how much about life you can actually learn from someone who has hardly experienced much of it. I was watching my two year old play with a group of girls the other night at the McDonald’s play place, and they all agreed to play house. I watched the girls have a spat over who was going to be the adults and who had to play the role of the babies. Of course, these young ladies all felt they were too old and big to play the roles of a baby. A few girls threw a tantrum and a few became so impatient that they didn’t get what they wanted that they no longer wanted to be a part of the game.

It made me realize that ever since we were all itty bitty, we have all been in a rush to do something. I remember being in a rush to finish school, get a job, drive, start a family, and to get married. My mother use to always tell me that I had my whole life to grow old and I only had one shot at enjoying my youth. 

As I get older the list of things that I want to have and experience just gets longer and longer. I want to own a few businesses, start my charity, and eventually add a few more people to the family my daughter and I have. I just know that I’m not going to act childish and throw a tantrum when things are not going my way or expect others to rush things to keep up with my wants and needs.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 ChasingABabyAndADream.Com